Praise the Good Lord it’s Friday!!! (I say this every week)
1. Today is my cheat day. I have been eating [pretty] healthy all week long, and I love a cheat meal on Friday night. Last week we had this:
If you can believe this, it tasted even better than it looks!
2. I love this. I look forward to it way too much on Friday morning. I don’t even have the words to tell you.
3. On Saturday night we are going to the duck basketball game. #Ilovecollegesports We had such a great time with my Mom and Dad at the Civil War basketball game a couple weeks ago, and I can’t wait to go back. Even if I only get to go because the tickets were a birthday gift and the recipient had a conflict. Sad, but I’m happy to step in!
Seriously kids, run-don’t walk- to try this stuff. I can only vouch for the Vanilla Bean- cause that is my favorite flavor of anything ice cream related and so it’s all I’ve tried. Someone recently told me you could freeze any kind of Greek Yogurt in the freezer and if you let it thaw for 20 min, it would taste just like frozen yogurt. Well guess what? THEY WERE LYING. Trust me I tried it. #fail #Istillateit #gagging I love few things more than frozen yogurt (If you are reading this, you already know about it), and I promise this does not taste like healthy food. So so good.
5. Finally, can this be my license plate please?
Minus the E on the end and the California, although lately this freezing, foggy, rainy weather has me considering it.
1. It is Friday! And #datenight. If you are reading this you already know about my subtle enthusiasm for the start of the weekend. Weekends are the best! Jason and I are going on a double date with our friends Tim and Karen who have the boat we go out on all summer. I am excited because we haven’t seen them since our last boat day (oops)– except Tim and Jason do go to lunch from time to time. We are going to the Cheesecake Factory and it should be so much fun! I am excited to have a little splurge after eating healthy all week. (considering splitting this)
We even get to use a giftcard that I got for Christmas. #giftcardforthewin!
2. Tomorrow is my “rest day.” Thank the good Lord. My knees are making me question the aging process. Too many squats? I don’t even know, but I’m ready for a rest and a break.
3. These little suckers.
Listen. I know they are “processed food.” I know they have a little bit of sodium. But people, trust me on this. They are out of this world amazing. You need to try them. They are only 200 calories for 5, and are a great source of protein. I may or may not eat them 4-5 days a week. And I don’t even feel bad.
You know it’s serious when I have Jason eating “fake meat.” And liking it!
4. A freshly-detailed car. Is there anything better than this? I’m not sure that there is. I love the just-vaccummed, airfreshened, armor-alled feeling. I wish it would stay nice forever. Also, thank you, my dear Job, for buying me a car wash twice a month. I am grateful.
5. New shoes. That were a steal. My old purples Nikes are starting to look a little pathetic.
Per usual, I am so stinking excited for my jumbo Starbucks in the morning that I can hardly stand it.
Have a great weekend all!
1. It’s finally Friday!!!!!! Which could really be a favorite of its own. Jason is coming down tonight for #datenight in and we are doing taco night! Yum. We have both been eating healthy and I am craving Mexican like whoa. I think I could eat it everyday. But I would be fat. Which am I more excited for that or my Starbucks tomorrow? #whoknows!
2. Downton Abbey on Demand. Enough said. The problem with Downton is that I love it so much I want to live in it. If I cannot be Lady Mary, then can Jason and I at least say “Darling please, ” in the middle of our fights? I’m not feeling optimistic about selling him on this.
3. We have started booking our travel for Az Vacation. I cannot wait. We are so excited! Game tickets, airfare, and hotel have all been purchased, and there are more plans to come! In N Out, Jay Alexanders, a beautiful pool with 85* sun, and oh yeah, the Mariners. Scottsdale, in 2 months I am coming for you!!
4. My kindys team plays in our 1st game on Saturday. Do we have any idea what exactly we will get on the court? Of course we do not! However I have to say last week’s scrimmage had some high points. Should be fun no matter what ; )
5. The new volleyball league I just joined. My co-worker Stacy started a team. She is also a Christian and I can tell her literally anything and everything! She had a dream Jason and I got engaged over Christmas break and called me to make sure I hadn’t forgot to tell her lol. I am thankful for her, and for another fun night of activity. We had our first game on Monday and I was a little rusty, but Jason confirmed that when I jumped my feet did actually leave the floor, so we are going with that!
Want to share your Friday Faves?
Have a great weekend ya’ll!! Go Rhinos!!
Well if this first 10 days of 2013 are representative of what this year will be like, I can say the themes would honestly be:
-non-stop time with Jason
Seriously 2013 could not be off to a more fun start. Usually I am so in love with Christmas that I experience some post-New Years blues. Well not this year. Jason and I were together almost constantly from December 29th on. It has been absolutely incredible.
Why is he so cute? He got me the New Years party hats and light up champagne flutes as a surprise, I got him the cupcakes ❤
We have cooked and cleaned together, ran together, shopped, gone to church, had some fun meals, and did I mention running? I am so proud of Jason and excited about all the running we have been doing! Remember those 36* days? Oh yes, we ran then too! He has only taken 1 day off since New Years. Boy’s on a roll! and I am back to Bootcamp 4 times a week, and running with him on the weekends.
I have done quite a bit of organizing projects during all the time I had off for Christmas break. I cleaned out my home office and I am so much happier with it being organized! It was that room where I threw stuff in there and closed the door quick. There is so much paperwork for my job and I had no system for managing it. I used to get so embarrassed when a friend would go in there to change clothes or Jason would put something in there. I prayed they never really looked around ; ) In addition to the office, I also cleaned out and organized 2 closets and my pantry. I am so happy with the little improvement it makes and the joy it brings me to be in an organized space. The best thing for my pantry was the purchase of two 84 cent plastic tubs from Target that I used to organize my vitamins (chronic pill-popper) and then my first aid/medicines. It keeps everything so neat to have things in bins. I am looking to incorporate this more in other areas too.
I am missing Jason hardcore with him being back in Portland this week- but already looking forward to getting together again! : )
Do you ever make a recipe for the 1st time and have literally no inkling if it is looking like it will turn out or flop? That is me right now. I have these Protein Cheesecakes in the oven right now (someone posted eating 1 for breakfast on Insta this morning, so I went with it)…
I’ll let you know.
I love it!!
In the mean time, we are gearing up for a party later today to enjoy this…
Well, by now I am sure that all of you have heard of the shooting that happened this afternoon at Clackamas Town Center. I spent the majority of the second half of this day feeling spooked and sad. I am a little paranoid anyway, and I long for the day when I live in the safe place free from the evil that is in this world! Jason and I have spent a ton of time at Washington Square and Pioneer Place malls in the past 2 weeks (him even more than me) doing Christmas shopping, so I was so thankful that my little Portlander was not at Clackamas Town Center today. I pray for the victim’s families. Things like this make me so mad. What is supposed to be a beautiful season about Jesus is dampered big time by a tragedy like this. Christmas will never be the same for those who lost someone today.
I have recently committed to doing the music for another wedding! I love being a teeny tiny part of such a special, beautiful day!
Random sidenote: I want these boots. After being thoroughly questioned by this guy I know on what I would like for Christmas (saying “I don’t need anything” didn’t fly) and a couple trips to Nordstrom, I decided I kind of really like them.
Do you know about this lighter color of tannish-brown boot? It’s called Cognac, and we like it a lot with sweaters, leggings, and skinny jeans.
Aside from these random thoughts, I am just ready to wrap up these last 2 days of work so I can wrap presents and do some relaxing around the house, as well as checking my mailbox 3Xdaily for my new iPhone to arrive. #firstworldproblems
I am on a roll with blogging this week thanks to Sear, so what the heck? I’ll give it one more for this week. Although since it is Thursday, we will be lazy with bullet points. Sometimes those are more fun anyway.
- I am in a state of constant soreness from Bootcamp. This is a struggle because it makes me want a massage, but there is no way I will fork over the cash for one as often as I’d like. Particularly this week, my bum bum and arms have been feeling it. There may or may not have been a day or two I could not lower myself down to sit on the toilet. So being the risk-taker that I am, I chose to free-fall those last 6 inches. Life on the edge, people. If I do not have a real bum (with shape) after this, I will know it just isn’t possible for me. #flatbottomgirls
- ps on Bootcamp. I am having some kind of strange knee pain that makes squatting and even driving painful. I asked my trainer what stretches I could do, or if possibly I was doing an exercise wrong. His response: “Quit stretching, and take 2 Advil.” #okthankyou
- I have roots, and I am not getting a color until the 19th. I feel a little janky. (learned this word from a Portland coworker- just trying it out)
- Speaking of roots. Much to Jason’s chagrin, I think I will be going a little lighter next hair appointment. I feel like I am constantly root-tastic and it’s not cute. Plus even though my hair color is “darkest brown” everyone calls my hair black and that bothers me for some reason. A few months ago, Jason felt it wise to point out that my hair color occurs naturally only in the Asian population. That went well for him. Despite that, he begs me to keep my color this dark. I remind him he fell in love with me when my hair was a touch lighter, and he will get used to it. (I know, I am a real catch.)
- Today I bought 2 powerball tickets in light of my luck this week. Then it occurred to me that maybe all my winning means I’ve used up all my luck. Oops?
- Besides the end of the day when I talk to Jason, my biggest joy in weekday life is my post-Bootcamp chocolate milk. I didn’t have plans to drink chocolate milk again really for the rest of life. However, recently I was given direction to have a low-sugar/non fat chocolate milk or protein shake within an hour of finishing class for muscle recovery. This is almost like when my dentist ordered me to have nothing but a milkshake for the rest of the day after a procedure. To this I say: “OK!!! I’ve been waiting my whole life to be receive orders like this.”
- I love Jason and I am excited to see him tomorrow…hopefully…currently he is at home sick from work. Poor kid.
- I love #datenight. Did I say that already?
- Only 5 more work days until Christmas Vacation!!
- I conclude this random post while dreaming of the gigantic Starbucks I am going to get tomorrow- because I only get Starbucks on Fridays. It is kind of the best thing.
The latest installment in my “radio luck” came this morning at 9am when I missed 2 calls from a Portland number I didn’t recognize. [Am I the only one who lets unknown numbers go to voicemail a lot of the time? Don’t do that, People. It could be someone trying to give you free prizes. ] I was at my storage unit stocking up on the goods before heading to the Beach to see customers. I listened to their voicemail which said “Hello Jordan, This is So-and-so from KUPL! We have something very important to tell you and we will be calling you incessantly for the next 5 minutes, so please answer your phone!”
I was confused why they were calling because I already gave them my address for the concert tickets, but I waited for them to call again. They said, “Hey Jordan, you were kind of hard to get a hold of this morning, is it because you need a new phone?” Immediately I got really nervous and excited, because I had heard they were giving away a brand new iPhone 5 every day this week, but I didn’t know how you won that. Anyway, I got all excited and said “Are you kidding me?” They said “Nope! You have won a brand new iPhone 5!” I think I said “OH MY GOODNESS! THANK YOU!” about 10 times. Imagine my surprise!! They were super nice about it and congratulatory. We chatted and they asked me if I was a Pharmaceutical Rep by chance : ). I honestly was even more excited because I did not know I had been entered into the drawing for the iPhone! I told them they made my week!
Anyway, to me the moral of this story is, God knew how disappointed I was by some news I got on Monday. I just kept praying, “God I know that this didn’t surprise you like it did me! Help me to understand and trust You have something better in store.” Some might think I’m silly- but I say God is giving me a couple little blessings this week ; )