Praise the Good Lord it’s Friday!!! (I say this every week)
1. Today is my cheat day. I have been eating [pretty] healthy all week long, and I love a cheat meal on Friday night. Last week we had this:
If you can believe this, it tasted even better than it looks!
2. I love this. I look forward to it way too much on Friday morning. I don’t even have the words to tell you.
3. On Saturday night we are going to the duck basketball game. #Ilovecollegesports We had such a great time with my Mom and Dad at the Civil War basketball game a couple weeks ago, and I can’t wait to go back. Even if I only get to go because the tickets were a birthday gift and the recipient had a conflict. Sad, but I’m happy to step in!
Seriously kids, run-don’t walk- to try this stuff. I can only vouch for the Vanilla Bean- cause that is my favorite flavor of anything ice cream related and so it’s all I’ve tried. Someone recently told me you could freeze any kind of Greek Yogurt in the freezer and if you let it thaw for 20 min, it would taste just like frozen yogurt. Well guess what? THEY WERE LYING. Trust me I tried it. #fail #Istillateit #gagging I love few things more than frozen yogurt (If you are reading this, you already know about it), and I promise this does not taste like healthy food. So so good.
5. Finally, can this be my license plate please?
Minus the E on the end and the California, although lately this freezing, foggy, rainy weather has me considering it.
Does anyone like them? i’ll be honest, I don’t really! The only upside about Mondays for me is that because of the nature of my job- they are not the most taxing, long days. They are shorter and a little more laid back so I can ease back into the work week.
Obviously I dislike Mondays because they mean Jason has gone back to work too and I won’t see him again until Friday.
Today is MLK Day. I am thankful for a man who stood up and put his life on the line for what he knew was right rather than going along with what was most popular. We could stand to benefit from a few more men like him in our culture.
Today my trainer cancelled my after-work sessions in honor of MLK day- so I had to hang out with this chick for 45 minutes:
I decided about 30 minutes in that if I had to rely on workout videos for my exercise- I would never work out. I can’t handle the boredom and jumping around my living room. I missed my running buddy today : ) Jason has been feeling a little pain from running lately and wanted to know if I wanted to do the video over Facetime. #NO
Speaking of running, we ran on Saturday+Sunday. Due to a family birthday party, we didn’t get to run together until dark on Saturday. It was about 28* and dark and super foggy. Well that was a disaster of a recipe for this girl— who biffed it. Jason was very concerned and attentive and made me stop at Walgreens on the way home so he could buy me some Neosporine 🙂 Sweet boy.
Jason has been such an inspiration with his diet+exercise goals that I have gotten on board with him. We are using the My Fitness Pal App on our phones. If you haven’t used it before, I really recommend it for tracking your food and exercise. It’s been good for me to see the breakdown of nutrition in my diet, and it is surprising how many restaurants’ calories are in there. It’s a great resource for those trying to get healthy.
I am really excited for my volleyball game tomorrow! We have had two games so far, and we have improved a lot already. It is just such a fun thing to look forward to in the work week. Plus my #1 Fan will be in attendance! ; )
1. It’s finally Friday!!!!!! Which could really be a favorite of its own. Jason is coming down tonight for #datenight in and we are doing taco night! Yum. We have both been eating healthy and I am craving Mexican like whoa. I think I could eat it everyday. But I would be fat. Which am I more excited for that or my Starbucks tomorrow? #whoknows!
2. Downton Abbey on Demand. Enough said. The problem with Downton is that I love it so much I want to live in it. If I cannot be Lady Mary, then can Jason and I at least say “Darling please, ” in the middle of our fights? I’m not feeling optimistic about selling him on this.
3. We have started booking our travel for Az Vacation. I cannot wait. We are so excited! Game tickets, airfare, and hotel have all been purchased, and there are more plans to come! In N Out, Jay Alexanders, a beautiful pool with 85* sun, and oh yeah, the Mariners. Scottsdale, in 2 months I am coming for you!!
4. My kindys team plays in our 1st game on Saturday. Do we have any idea what exactly we will get on the court? Of course we do not! However I have to say last week’s scrimmage had some high points. Should be fun no matter what ; )
5. The new volleyball league I just joined. My co-worker Stacy started a team. She is also a Christian and I can tell her literally anything and everything! She had a dream Jason and I got engaged over Christmas break and called me to make sure I hadn’t forgot to tell her lol. I am thankful for her, and for another fun night of activity. We had our first game on Monday and I was a little rusty, but Jason confirmed that when I jumped my feet did actually leave the floor, so we are going with that!
Want to share your Friday Faves?
Have a great weekend ya’ll!! Go Rhinos!!
I love it!!
In the mean time, we are gearing up for a party later today to enjoy this…
I am on a roll with blogging this week thanks to Sear, so what the heck? I’ll give it one more for this week. Although since it is Thursday, we will be lazy with bullet points. Sometimes those are more fun anyway.
- I am in a state of constant soreness from Bootcamp. This is a struggle because it makes me want a massage, but there is no way I will fork over the cash for one as often as I’d like. Particularly this week, my bum bum and arms have been feeling it. There may or may not have been a day or two I could not lower myself down to sit on the toilet. So being the risk-taker that I am, I chose to free-fall those last 6 inches. Life on the edge, people. If I do not have a real bum (with shape) after this, I will know it just isn’t possible for me. #flatbottomgirls
- ps on Bootcamp. I am having some kind of strange knee pain that makes squatting and even driving painful. I asked my trainer what stretches I could do, or if possibly I was doing an exercise wrong. His response: “Quit stretching, and take 2 Advil.” #okthankyou
- I have roots, and I am not getting a color until the 19th. I feel a little janky. (learned this word from a Portland coworker- just trying it out)
- Speaking of roots. Much to Jason’s chagrin, I think I will be going a little lighter next hair appointment. I feel like I am constantly root-tastic and it’s not cute. Plus even though my hair color is “darkest brown” everyone calls my hair black and that bothers me for some reason. A few months ago, Jason felt it wise to point out that my hair color occurs naturally only in the Asian population. That went well for him. Despite that, he begs me to keep my color this dark. I remind him he fell in love with me when my hair was a touch lighter, and he will get used to it. (I know, I am a real catch.)
- Today I bought 2 powerball tickets in light of my luck this week. Then it occurred to me that maybe all my winning means I’ve used up all my luck. Oops?
- Besides the end of the day when I talk to Jason, my biggest joy in weekday life is my post-Bootcamp chocolate milk. I didn’t have plans to drink chocolate milk again really for the rest of life. However, recently I was given direction to have a low-sugar/non fat chocolate milk or protein shake within an hour of finishing class for muscle recovery. This is almost like when my dentist ordered me to have nothing but a milkshake for the rest of the day after a procedure. To this I say: “OK!!! I’ve been waiting my whole life to be receive orders like this.”
- I love Jason and I am excited to see him tomorrow…hopefully…currently he is at home sick from work. Poor kid.
- I love #datenight. Did I say that already?
- Only 5 more work days until Christmas Vacation!!
- I conclude this random post while dreaming of the gigantic Starbucks I am going to get tomorrow- because I only get Starbucks on Fridays. It is kind of the best thing.
The latest installment in my “radio luck” came this morning at 9am when I missed 2 calls from a Portland number I didn’t recognize. [Am I the only one who lets unknown numbers go to voicemail a lot of the time? Don’t do that, People. It could be someone trying to give you free prizes. ] I was at my storage unit stocking up on the goods before heading to the Beach to see customers. I listened to their voicemail which said “Hello Jordan, This is So-and-so from KUPL! We have something very important to tell you and we will be calling you incessantly for the next 5 minutes, so please answer your phone!”
I was confused why they were calling because I already gave them my address for the concert tickets, but I waited for them to call again. They said, “Hey Jordan, you were kind of hard to get a hold of this morning, is it because you need a new phone?” Immediately I got really nervous and excited, because I had heard they were giving away a brand new iPhone 5 every day this week, but I didn’t know how you won that. Anyway, I got all excited and said “Are you kidding me?” They said “Nope! You have won a brand new iPhone 5!” I think I said “OH MY GOODNESS! THANK YOU!” about 10 times. Imagine my surprise!! They were super nice about it and congratulatory. We chatted and they asked me if I was a Pharmaceutical Rep by chance : ). I honestly was even more excited because I did not know I had been entered into the drawing for the iPhone! I told them they made my week!
Anyway, to me the moral of this story is, God knew how disappointed I was by some news I got on Monday. I just kept praying, “God I know that this didn’t surprise you like it did me! Help me to understand and trust You have something better in store.” Some might think I’m silly- but I say God is giving me a couple little blessings this week ; )
For those of you who don’t know, I have a little thing for radio contests. Meaning- sometimes (by some strange stroke of luck) I win them.
This all began in middle school (I kid you not) when I won concert tickets and a CD on KLove.
Since then I have won a hand-full of times.
In recent years I kind of forgot about it and quit trying. I had satellite radio in my work car and didn’t listen to regular radio much. Recently my satellite subscription expired, and I was left to slum it on regular radio. Kidding.
Anyway, at total random, I happened to be listening to the radio today at lunchtime and searching stations while driving. I settled on KUPL (country) just as they announced the 1-800 number to call and win something. I didn’t even tune in in time to hear what the contest was for, but I quickly dialed the number. It rang right away…which was a good sign. I let it ring for over a minute before a woman came on and asked who I was and where from!!! I said Jordan from Salem and she told me I was caller #10 and had won tickets to a Deana Carter show in Oregon City next week! 🙂
I was so excited I was literally shaking. (Also I listened to myself on the radio playback- does that make me a nerd? I wonder if anyone I know heard me.)
So next week @jc_hiatt and myself will be scooting on up to Oregon City for a little country show.
Perfect way to celebrate the start of my Christmas Vacation! 7 work days to go!!!