Praise the Good Lord it’s Friday!!! (I say this every week)
1. Today is my cheat day. I have been eating [pretty] healthy all week long, and I love a cheat meal on Friday night. Last week we had this:
If you can believe this, it tasted even better than it looks!
2. I love this. I look forward to it way too much on Friday morning. I don’t even have the words to tell you.
3. On Saturday night we are going to the duck basketball game. #Ilovecollegesports We had such a great time with my Mom and Dad at the Civil War basketball game a couple weeks ago, and I can’t wait to go back. Even if I only get to go because the tickets were a birthday gift and the recipient had a conflict. Sad, but I’m happy to step in!
Seriously kids, run-don’t walk- to try this stuff. I can only vouch for the Vanilla Bean- cause that is my favorite flavor of anything ice cream related and so it’s all I’ve tried. Someone recently told me you could freeze any kind of Greek Yogurt in the freezer and if you let it thaw for 20 min, it would taste just like frozen yogurt. Well guess what? THEY WERE LYING. Trust me I tried it. #fail #Istillateit #gagging I love few things more than frozen yogurt (If you are reading this, you already know about it), and I promise this does not taste like healthy food. So so good.
5. Finally, can this be my license plate please?
Minus the E on the end and the California, although lately this freezing, foggy, rainy weather has me considering it.
Does anyone like them? i’ll be honest, I don’t really! The only upside about Mondays for me is that because of the nature of my job- they are not the most taxing, long days. They are shorter and a little more laid back so I can ease back into the work week.
Obviously I dislike Mondays because they mean Jason has gone back to work too and I won’t see him again until Friday.
Today is MLK Day. I am thankful for a man who stood up and put his life on the line for what he knew was right rather than going along with what was most popular. We could stand to benefit from a few more men like him in our culture.
Today my trainer cancelled my after-work sessions in honor of MLK day- so I had to hang out with this chick for 45 minutes:
I decided about 30 minutes in that if I had to rely on workout videos for my exercise- I would never work out. I can’t handle the boredom and jumping around my living room. I missed my running buddy today : ) Jason has been feeling a little pain from running lately and wanted to know if I wanted to do the video over Facetime. #NO
Speaking of running, we ran on Saturday+Sunday. Due to a family birthday party, we didn’t get to run together until dark on Saturday. It was about 28* and dark and super foggy. Well that was a disaster of a recipe for this girl— who biffed it. Jason was very concerned and attentive and made me stop at Walgreens on the way home so he could buy me some Neosporine 🙂 Sweet boy.
Jason has been such an inspiration with his diet+exercise goals that I have gotten on board with him. We are using the My Fitness Pal App on our phones. If you haven’t used it before, I really recommend it for tracking your food and exercise. It’s been good for me to see the breakdown of nutrition in my diet, and it is surprising how many restaurants’ calories are in there. It’s a great resource for those trying to get healthy.
I am really excited for my volleyball game tomorrow! We have had two games so far, and we have improved a lot already. It is just such a fun thing to look forward to in the work week. Plus my #1 Fan will be in attendance! ; )
1. It is Friday! And #datenight. If you are reading this you already know about my subtle enthusiasm for the start of the weekend. Weekends are the best! Jason and I are going on a double date with our friends Tim and Karen who have the boat we go out on all summer. I am excited because we haven’t seen them since our last boat day (oops)– except Tim and Jason do go to lunch from time to time. We are going to the Cheesecake Factory and it should be so much fun! I am excited to have a little splurge after eating healthy all week. (considering splitting this)
We even get to use a giftcard that I got for Christmas. #giftcardforthewin!
2. Tomorrow is my “rest day.” Thank the good Lord. My knees are making me question the aging process. Too many squats? I don’t even know, but I’m ready for a rest and a break.
3. These little suckers.
Listen. I know they are “processed food.” I know they have a little bit of sodium. But people, trust me on this. They are out of this world amazing. You need to try them. They are only 200 calories for 5, and are a great source of protein. I may or may not eat them 4-5 days a week. And I don’t even feel bad.
You know it’s serious when I have Jason eating “fake meat.” And liking it!
4. A freshly-detailed car. Is there anything better than this? I’m not sure that there is. I love the just-vaccummed, airfreshened, armor-alled feeling. I wish it would stay nice forever. Also, thank you, my dear Job, for buying me a car wash twice a month. I am grateful.
5. New shoes. That were a steal. My old purples Nikes are starting to look a little pathetic.
Per usual, I am so stinking excited for my jumbo Starbucks in the morning that I can hardly stand it.
Have a great weekend all!
1. It’s finally Friday!!!!!! Which could really be a favorite of its own. Jason is coming down tonight for #datenight in and we are doing taco night! Yum. We have both been eating healthy and I am craving Mexican like whoa. I think I could eat it everyday. But I would be fat. Which am I more excited for that or my Starbucks tomorrow? #whoknows!
2. Downton Abbey on Demand. Enough said. The problem with Downton is that I love it so much I want to live in it. If I cannot be Lady Mary, then can Jason and I at least say “Darling please, ” in the middle of our fights? I’m not feeling optimistic about selling him on this.
3. We have started booking our travel for Az Vacation. I cannot wait. We are so excited! Game tickets, airfare, and hotel have all been purchased, and there are more plans to come! In N Out, Jay Alexanders, a beautiful pool with 85* sun, and oh yeah, the Mariners. Scottsdale, in 2 months I am coming for you!!
4. My kindys team plays in our 1st game on Saturday. Do we have any idea what exactly we will get on the court? Of course we do not! However I have to say last week’s scrimmage had some high points. Should be fun no matter what ; )
5. The new volleyball league I just joined. My co-worker Stacy started a team. She is also a Christian and I can tell her literally anything and everything! She had a dream Jason and I got engaged over Christmas break and called me to make sure I hadn’t forgot to tell her lol. I am thankful for her, and for another fun night of activity. We had our first game on Monday and I was a little rusty, but Jason confirmed that when I jumped my feet did actually leave the floor, so we are going with that!
Want to share your Friday Faves?
Have a great weekend ya’ll!! Go Rhinos!!
Well if this first 10 days of 2013 are representative of what this year will be like, I can say the themes would honestly be:
-non-stop time with Jason
Seriously 2013 could not be off to a more fun start. Usually I am so in love with Christmas that I experience some post-New Years blues. Well not this year. Jason and I were together almost constantly from December 29th on. It has been absolutely incredible.
We have cooked and cleaned together, ran together, shopped, gone to church, had some fun meals, and did I mention running? I am so proud of Jason and excited about all the running we have been doing! Remember those 36* days? Oh yes, we ran then too! He has only taken 1 day off since New Years. Boy’s on a roll! and I am back to Bootcamp 4 times a week, and running with him on the weekends.
I have done quite a bit of organizing projects during all the time I had off for Christmas break. I cleaned out my home office and I am so much happier with it being organized! It was that room where I threw stuff in there and closed the door quick. There is so much paperwork for my job and I had no system for managing it. I used to get so embarrassed when a friend would go in there to change clothes or Jason would put something in there. I prayed they never really looked around ; ) In addition to the office, I also cleaned out and organized 2 closets and my pantry. I am so happy with the little improvement it makes and the joy it brings me to be in an organized space. The best thing for my pantry was the purchase of two 84 cent plastic tubs from Target that I used to organize my vitamins (chronic pill-popper) and then my first aid/medicines. It keeps everything so neat to have things in bins. I am looking to incorporate this more in other areas too.
I am missing Jason hardcore with him being back in Portland this week- but already looking forward to getting together again! : )
Do you ever make a recipe for the 1st time and have literally no inkling if it is looking like it will turn out or flop? That is me right now. I have these Protein Cheesecakes in the oven right now (someone posted eating 1 for breakfast on Insta this morning, so I went with it)…
I’ll let you know.